Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
So tonight, I tried at home. I set the timer for ten minutes and when the timer went off, Iwould put her on the potty.
First ten minutes, clean panties, but no tee tee on the potty.
Second ten minutes, poo poo in the panties! I made her pick up the poo poo with a wet wipe and put it in the potty. That took about 5 minutes of coaxing, but I wasn't backing down. She was totally grossed out, so I am thinking, "This is a good thing...I got her!"
Third ten minutes, clean panties, but no tee tee on the potty.
Fourth ten minutes (or should I say 3 minutes in) PEE PEE IN THE PANTIES ON MY COUCH!
So I am done for tonight! She thinks it's funny! I don't! Candy, toys, jewelry...she doesn't care. I'm telling you this girl is so hard-headed! Call me a lazy mom, but I am just going to need her school to step in and potty train her. I mean she gets more diaper changes there in a day anyway, right? I didn't really potty train Campbell and it only took him 2 weeks so whatever I did, I don't remember. Besides, I really do not have time to educate myself with books that have tips and techniques that will not work on this girl!
Peace Out in Pee Pee Poo Poo Land!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
I am really going to focus on getting crafty (er). I mean really try to sew...well, at least dresses and cute pants for Emerson.
I am really going to focus on selling my house (yeah right...have you seen how awful the market is these days).
Not going to commit to blogging a certain number of times per week (we all know where that got me).
I just really enjoy putting my life down in print, so we'll see...if only I was a stay at home mom...I have such high aspirations and no time because of my day job! Oh well, somebody's gotta pay the bills and my aspirations alone won't cut it.
Until next time..............................
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Wow! We had a busy Memorial Day Weekend. As I said before, Wesley parents and our friends, The Alaniz’s, came in town to visit and for the Colonial golf tournament. It was a quick, but fun visit. Funny story, Campbell and Popo ended up wearing the same outfit on Saturday…purely coincidental, so we had to snap some shots.
Our friend, McKenna, turned 7 so we celebrated her birthday at The Zone. It is a fun bounce house place in McKinney. Emerson got a little roughed up, but they both had a blast.
And finally, we went to the zoo on Memorial Day. It was Emerson’s first time and she just loved it. She was particularly obsessed with the birds and the bears. Campbell, of course, was just consumed with the toy he was going to pick out…He was like “Been there, done that!”
Enjoy the pics below!
Monday, May 24, 2010
1. My in-laws and family friends are coming in town this weekend for the Colonial golf tourney and to visit. We are so excited to see Momo and Popo. My goal is to take a ton of pics, but usually we get into a mode of just lounging and visiting and the camera never comes out!
2. My little birdies would have been born by now, but the ________ of a mother bird that she is, abandoned her baby eggs. I think it might have been all the traffic from the baby shower (since we literally NEVER use our front door). I think she freaked out and flew the coop…literally!! I cannot tell you how sad I am. I have yet to dispose of the nest and eggs because I cannot imagine just tossing them in the trash. Another dove has laid eggs in our gutter on the roof, but I have to use a ladder to see and I don’t want to freak out another bird. She is still perched so I know they haven’t hatched.
3. School is almost out, but I am teaching summer school…what? I am happy to stay in a routine at least for the first month of summer. The kids will be MUCH happier. Summer gets a little monotonous around our house, especially because we have little to no family here. Makes for a long summer! The end of school also means our staff dance is a work in progress. We are dancing to “I Gotta Feelin” on the last day of school. Lots of people seem too busy to practice lately so we shall see how it all turns out on June 4th…Please pray!
4. Field Day is Friday and I WILL NOT have a repeat of last year’s fall. I am looking forward to a day filled with fun and sun! I truly enjoy field day at my school. I get to sit back, relax, and my only job is to make sure kids are following rules and being safe!
5. Real Housewives is in FULL swing (both NY and NJ)….the drama is pretty much consuming me. Love every minute of it! I could write a novel on the craziness of Kelly (NY) and Danielle (NJ).
6. Wesley’s job is supposed to be finishing up this week (parking garage in the Arts District downtown). WHO KNOWS WHERE HE IS GOING NEXT???? Stressful. There is very little new construction going on in Dallas and his company seems to be winning bids for jobs out of Dallas. Yikes!
7. Campbell and his “girlfriend” Lucy are the only two out of both PreK1 and PreK2 that are staying back and not going to kindergarten. Graduation is this Thursday. Campbell seems oblivious to it all. He is NOT participating in the ceremony, so I am curious to see how he will do that day. He and Lucy are both convinced that the teachers wanted to move them to PreK2 (instead of Kinder) because they are boyfriend and girlfriend and they didn’t want to “break them up.” Cannot begin to tell you how hysterical this whole scenario is!
8. Wordle.net is my newest craze (thanks Jodie). Great way to create framed teacher gifts and fun things for kids at school to use for many different things. See my new banner? That’s WORDLE! Too fun!
10. There aren’t enough words or pictures for the Diva of the house. If you want to see Emerson Mae count to 10 like the rock star that she is…here is the link. The picture is dark (don’t know why) but the audio is what is precious. In the meantime, check out the most beautiful chunky thighs you have ever seen!
BONUS!!!! Wesley, for some ODD reason, has decided to grow out his hair. He is threatening to perm it for comedy sake…please pray for me. Anyhow, check out the picture below of the twins!
Friday, May 14, 2010
How sweet is this beautiful gift I discovered on my front porch on Mother’s Day!
This sweet little momma bird laid these eggs on Saturday, May 8. I discovered them on Mother’s Day. I finally figured out that the momma bird is a Mourning Dove and the bird book I was getting my information from says that the eggs should hatch in about 14 days. How neat for Campbell and Emerson. Everyday when we get home we check in on the eggs and the momma and she is just a swinging in the basket sitting on her babies (she is kinda killing my plant, but that’s okay)! Campbell is so excited that he will get to see the little babies. They should hatch around the 22nd, so we will keep you posted!
Monday, May 10, 2010
No time to dwell on the entire month or so that has passed since my last post so….moving on! For my Mother’s Day present, I went out and finally took the leap to decorate my foyer. I have been so indecisive about what to do for years. I finally found a table I liked and combined several different ideas I have had whirling through my head for some time now. Here is a quick shot of the before:
Here is the after. I am in love!!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
So Wesley’s Aunt Sharon is an amazing hostess. She lives in Buda, TX (right outside of Austin) and the whole Moncrief clan stayed at her and Uncle Rusty’s house in March. She was so prepared with dips and pizzas and breakfasts and it was all…of course…super yummy! One of the yummiest things I ate was this breakfast pizza. I don’t know about you, but I am a sucker for any kind of breakfast casserole and this one is at the top of my list!
I haven’t made it yet myself, but it seems pretty easy. I am hosting a baby shower brunch for Megan next month and it will be a definite item on the menu.
1 - 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb. hot pork sausage
1 - 32 oz. pkg hash browns w/onions and peppers
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Press crescent dough on the bottom and slightly up sides of a 13 x9 pan. Bake at 375 for five minutes. Cook sausage in a large skillet, drain and sprinkle over crust. Prepare hash browns according to pkg. directions. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle cheese over the hash browns. (At this point you can cover and chill up to 24 hours if desired.) Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over cheese. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
If I could… take this moment and make it last forever, I would!
If I could… make the pacifier disappear,
If I could… start all over again, it would still be this!