Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happenings!

Newest Creation:
I made this little gift package for McKenna's (Kaci's daughter) 6th birthday! I love it...Can't wait to make more. In fact, I am going to make one for my room mom's end-of-the-year gift (minus the bathing suit cover-up).



Bruised Knees, Bruised Ego:
Setting: Field Day
Time: 10:15
"Mrs. Moncrief, do you want to race me in the 50 yard dash?," said Hunter.
"Yeah, I am in!," said Mrs. Moncrief
About two minutes later, I was on the ground with parents and kids to witness. I knew I wouldn't win, but I definitely thought, "I was pretty quick in my day, I can at least make it close." NOT! The sad part is, I didn't roll my ankle or trip....I would have been WAY okay with that. What had happened was, I was running WAY faster in my head than my body would actually allow and I literally just ate it for no other reason than that! I mean who was I kidding trying to get up and sprint faster than I ever have in like 10 years....of course I was going to eat it and boy did I. Harder than you have ever seen anyone eat it in your entire life. I wasn't embarrassed at all because I fell, but I was an emotion basket case on the inside because it was a reality check that I am a lot younger in my mind than body.
Of course I had to redeem my self, so I raced like two more times...didn't win, but didn't fall! The kids were very supportive, they didn't laugh until I was up and told they could! They were VERY concerned. In fact, an hour later, one of my students was like, "Mrs. Moncrief, are you sure you are okay? I am really worried about your left knee!" So sweet! The pic is from two days later...it looked a lot worse! And yes, my knees are very swollen...they usually aren't that fat!
One Heckuva Traffic Jam!


Big Girl!


Bye Bye!




2 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry, but I AM laughing at your field day antics. That so sounds like something that I would do. I was trying to look speedy one day in my exercise class and totally tripped over a tiny hurdle and rolled my ankle. Should have known better! I hope you have recovered! Happy summer!

Jodie said...

awww, man...to eat it in front of your class is the best possible senerio...they love you and support you no matter what...I hope all is well now...