Friday, May 14, 2010

It Was Even More Sweet Because It Was Mother’s Day!

How sweet is this beautiful gift I discovered on my front porch on Mother’s Day!

Spring 059

This sweet little momma bird laid these eggs on Saturday, May 8.  I discovered them on Mother’s Day.  I finally figured out that the momma bird is a Mourning Dove and the bird book I was getting my information from says that the eggs should hatch in about 14 days.  How neat for Campbell and Emerson.  Everyday when we get home we check in on the eggs and the momma and she is just a swinging in the basket sitting on her babies (she is kinda killing my plant, but that’s okay)!  Campbell is so excited that he will get to see the little babies.  They should hatch around the 22nd, so we will keep you posted!

Spring 061

No comments: