Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

 

So Wesley’s Aunt Sharon is an amazing hostess.  She lives in Buda, TX (right outside of Austin) and the whole Moncrief clan stayed at her and Uncle Rusty’s house in March.  She was so prepared with dips and pizzas and breakfasts and it was all…of course…super yummy!  One of the yummiest things I ate was this breakfast pizza.  I don’t know about you, but I am a sucker for any kind of breakfast casserole and this one is at the top of my list! 

I haven’t made it yet myself, but it seems pretty easy.  I am hosting a baby shower brunch for Megan next month and it will be a definite item on the menu.

Breakfast Pizza
1 - 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb. hot pork sausage
1 - 32 oz. pkg hash browns w/onions and peppers
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Press crescent dough on the bottom and slightly up sides of a 13 x9 pan.  Bake at 375 for five minutes.  Cook sausage in a large skillet, drain and sprinkle over crust.  Prepare hash browns according to pkg. directions.  Spoon over sausage.  Sprinkle cheese over the hash browns.  (At this point you can cover and chill up to 24 hours if desired.)  Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.  Pour over cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. 

No comments: