Monday, April 20, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday (a little early considering it's Monday night)

Top Ten Reasons I have come close to having either a heart attack, nervous break-down, or both in the last week and a half.

10. Wesley went out of town to St Louis for an entire week. Most of the events below, happened during that time.

9. I got into a fender bender in the Tom Thumb parking lot (kids were not in the car). I was seriously going 2 miles and hour when I backed into a plastic Lexus that dented and did nothing to my full-metal American-made Tahoe. We actually backed into each other, but the non-English speaking person whom I backed into told my insurance company that she was at a full stop. My insurance paid 100%. PS lady, if your car wasn't made of plastic, my car wouldn't have damaged it going 2 miles an hour...I don't care how expensive it is!

8. My son snuck my huge diet coke into the corner of the kitchen and pretty much drank the ENTIRE thing while I was giving Emerson a bath and then tried to lie about it. Funny part is that the crucifix over his door is his constant reminder that Jesus is always watching over him and was very sad that he lied to his mommy. His bed faces his door so he had to stare at Jesus until he fell alseep. This was a pretty long time considering I made him go to bed that night at 7:30.

7. I haven't been to Happy Hour in a while.

6. We walked in a 5K on Saturday and Campbell got a burst of energy and thought he would run about half of it. He would just take off (like The Flash) and would get dangerously close to the traffic cones where cars were speeding passed. Okay, a bit overdramatic, but he still made my heart bounce out of my chest when he would take off without me.

5. The Parrotheads were in town for the Jimmy Buffett concert and so I could not take my inlaws to eat at Matitos because the wait was ABSURD!

4. Emerson broke out into some weird rash and what looked like hives on her privates (supposed reaction to the antibiotics for her ear infection).

3. A ton of my shows have been reruns...really irritates me.

2. I have what I thought was a crick in my neck/upper back since early Friday morning, but now, four days later, I am beginning to think it is a pinched nerve. Thankfully I still have two different pain killers from my c-section...NOT KIDDING when I say I am totally taking some tonight.

1. Emerson fell headfirst off the changing table last week. I never left the changing table, she just dove off right beside me. She is totally fine...thanks ahead of time for your concerns.

Bonus***Emerson just started crawling, but now she thinks it is okay to pull herself up onto stuff...NOT OKAY!

Bonus***I got to sit for five hours (church style...in rows and chairs...no tables...no way to stretch or get comfortable) at a Jim Fay presentation. Love him and his philosophy, but the set up and the design of the presentation...UUUGGGHHH!!!

Bonus***I am trying to put a space between each entry in this post and IT WON'T LET ME!!!!!! So I apologize for the format, but double apologize if it actually does it when I post.

Have a great week! Mine can only get better!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love your posts. The Campbell and crucifix story is awesome. I have a similar church story from a friend of mine. Remind me next time I see you... If it makes you feel better, I missed Kelsey's first (in the park) homerun tonight.

I hope you do get to Happy Hour sometime soon! :)

BethHubbard said...

Jesus is always watching...