Monday, July 7, 2008

A Report from the South

Campbell has arrived safely to his destination only to travel again. He spent Friday and Saturday with Wesley's family in Buda, TX. His aunt and uncle have about 20 acres with cattle, deer, and loads of places to just run. He had a blast. On Sunday, he went with Wesley's parents to see Wesley's grandparents. These are two of the most wonderful human beings I have ever met. Campbell is the first great grandson and the only one we thought would carry on the Moncrief name (thankfully Slayde came along to help him out). They just think the world of my son. He had so much fun with his great grandparents that he told them, "Don't worry, I will be back!." Of course, they just ate it up!

About 3:30 on Sunday, I received a phone call from my mother-in-law yesterday and she said, "The Eagle has changed hands." This meant that he was now with my parents and his two cousins, Allison and Gunner, and they were headed to San Antonio to go to Sea World. They arrived in S.A. around 6:30 or so and checked into Embassy Suites. Apparently there were a ton of kid games and all-you-can-eat popcorn in the lobby...therefore he probably begged for quarters to play games. My dad is a sucker so it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped 20 bucks on silly games in the hotel. From there they headed to dinner at Logan's and then to putt putt!

I called this morning and they were all just getting up and about to head to Sea World. Campbell apparently fell out of bed and spent the rest of the night in bed with my parents. He doesn't remember anything...probably so lethargic from all of the fun! And then...my mom proceeds to tell my that my dad said to stop calling every 5 minutes. This is hard for me to do because he is doing all of these fun things and usually I am there with him to see his enjoyment. Oh well! I did say that I would leave them alone while they were at Sea World. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Mom and Dad are a distant memory in Campbell's head. Coming home is going to be a downer for him. I hope Emerson will be a big enough deal to him that he will at least be excited to be home!

No comments: