Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Love Her!!!!


As you all know, Emerson is finally here. She might be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I know moms are biased, but I am serious!. Having a baby the second time around (at least with a c-section) is so different. We literally came 2 hours before hand and had her right away...sure beats waiting around being in labor all day. Everything I was anxious about was a breeze (the I.V., epidural, surgery). I feel so good. The body is such an amazing thing. According to Wesley and how they were tugging and pulling on my belly and messing with insides and of course being being cut open...I really shouldn't feel anywhere near this great! My nurses call me Wonder Woman because I have no swelling or stretch marks, my uterus is shrinking rapidly, and I go way too long without my pain pills. I am not, by any means, trying to be Wonder Woman, but I really don't feel too much pain!

Emerson is doing great. She took a huge drink of fuid on her way out so she came into the world very angry. She cried a lot that day so I thought to myself...here we go! However, now that the drama of having to pack her bags and move out of her warm home is over, she is peaceful as long as she is clean and fed. I know when we get home, we will appreciate her sleeping, but since we have had so much help in the hospital we try to wake her up and enjoy time with her. Unfortunately...she just loves to sleep. It is actually quite comical...but I know it won't last long!

Of course, she is the best part of this experience, but seeing Wesley with her is running a close second. He gets a little teary-eyed when he looks at her. With Campbell, Wesley felt very manly because he produced this monster of a child, so when he looked at Campbell, we chest always puffed up. It is neat to see the difference. Yesterday he was holding her and he looked at me with moist eyes and said, "I will have to give her away someday!"

As for Campbell, he is still having so much fun, but he does miss mommy and daddy at night before bedtime. Although, I think he just knows how to tug at his Momo's heart strings so she will either let him stay up a little longer or lay in bed with him until he falls asleep. I miss him terribly and I cannot wait for him to come home and meet Emerson. However, the train table will be together and ready for him to play with so I have a feeling Emerson might be taking a ride in the caboose!

5 comments:

2 Cute Boys said...

Okay, so at the hospital we were saying she doesn't look much like Campbell but she definately has the same nose and cheeks! And those eyelashes...they are so long and beautiful. Watch out Wesley...the boys will be lining up for your beautiful little girl. Love you all.

The Locke Family said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person! Hope you are getting some sleep!

Julie said...

Crystal, she is so beautiful! Congrats to you, Wesley, and Campbell. Glad you are feeling well. We'll hope to see you when we are in Dallas this fall!

BethHubbard said...

Her Auntie Biff loves her very much!! I love the beanie.

Chris Faehnle said...

Crystal, Congratulations to all three of you on your precious daughter. She is beautiful and I know the joy you are feeling at having a little girl. Enjoy!!!