Friday, July 4, 2008

My Last Day as a Family of Three!

Today, Campbell is leaving me to go spend 10 days with his grandparents back home! It is bittersweet. I am having major anxiety about being so far away from him. Of course I trust my parents and my inlaws...after all they have raised three kids each. It's just the idea of something happening and me being so far away. Horrible thoughts are running through my head...and don't even get me started on the fact that he is FLYING back with my mom. I am going to have to take a Xanax to knock me out the minute he boards the plane. I seriously might break out in hives. This is the bitter part for me!

The sweet part is that he is going to have so much fun. The 10 days will definitely be jam packed with fun things to do. It will be his last hoorah (sp?) before he is no longer an only child. His summer has been pretty boring so far (aside from his birthday) because being 9 months pregnant and heat don't mix, so we have been confined indoors. However, for 10 days his time will be filled with visting family, swimming, going to the beach, fishing, going to the movies, Putt Putt Golf, going to the aquarium, etc. You name it, he is probably doing it! This is defintely a deserved treat for him.

The sweet side for me is that I have 4 days to rest, go to doctor appointments, and get the last minute things done and not have to worry about Campbell. He will also miss the birth of his sister. At first I had huge issues with this because I didn't want him to miss a minute of being a big brother, but I started to think back to the special bonding moments Wesley, Campbell, and I had in the hospital when he was born. Wesley was there every minute, only going home to shower. We want that same special time with Emerson. Our parents won't even be here for the birth. Since most of our family lives in South Texas and don't get to come up that often, we wanted them to be able to visit and meet Emerson while we were at home, not in the hospital. So I gave strict instructions that no one was to visit until we are home.

Anyhow, Campbell will be coming home on Monday, 14th to meet his sister. Wesley and I will be able to bring Emerson home and try to establish a little bit of a routine before Campbell gets here. I am so excited for this new change in our lives. I can't wait to meet Emerson and see who she is going to look like, but most of all, I can't wait to see Campbell as a big brother and Wesley as the father of a littel girl!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Best wishes on the birth of baby Emerson. Sounds like you have everything planned out wonderfully! Can't wait to hear how everything is going. Enjoy your bonding time!