Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our Family Complete and at Home Together



Well, we are all finally here together, Daddy, Mommy, Campbell and Emerson. Life is great!

Campbell was very excited to meet his little sister and he loves to hug, kiss and baby talk to her. We have a couple of issues though. He tends to be a little rough (he is a boy...what do you expect). In fact, Emerson was sleeping in the bassinet in my room so I took this opportunity to pick up a little. Anyhow, I lost track of Campbell for a few seconds, but I found him in his playroom playing very nicely with himself. So I went to check on Emerson and she was hanging off her little sleep positioner and her blanket was unwrapped. It appeared that Campbell tried to pick her up. How scary is that? We are trying really hard to not use the word NO, but how else can you get across to him that there are certain things that he ABSOLUTELY cannot do? On the bright side, he doesn't seem jealous or bothered when anyone is holding her. He has been acting out a little with lots of whining and throwing a few tantrums. That's to be expected I guess, but I also think it has a little to do with coming back home and trying to get back into somewhat of a routine. Hopefully this won't last too long.

Miss Emerson Mae was doing FABULOUS when we first came home. We are getting more sleep that expected. She sleeps constantly, which has been good for us, but bad for her because she could care less about eating. She developed a severe case of diarrhea (I can't begin to tell you how many diapers we have already gone through). We had to switch her over to soy and that has helped with her stomach issues, but we are lucky if we get her to drink two ounces every 4 hours. She just won't wake up. She will fall asleep at the drop of a hat and can do so in almost any position. She weighed 6lbs 8oz when we left the hospital and today at her appointment, she only weighed 6lbs 9oz (we were needing her to be back up to her original birth weight of 7 lbs). Now we have to concentrate her formula and have a target of 18 oz in 24 hours. So we get home and I try to everything to get her to eat 3 0z (talking loudly, bouncing, stripping her down, putting a cold wash cloth on her, etc), but guess what she decides to do just as she has just about finish her bottle...PROJECTILE VOMIT everything she has eaten. I really am beginning to appreciate Campbell's large size and appetite!

Both Campbell and Emerson went to the doctor today(her checkup and Campbell's 3 year). It is nice that their bdays are so close because it worked out perfectly and we will most likely do this every year. The nurse and doctor came in and did their checkups on both my kiddos at the same time...it was great! Campbell was very apprehensive about going to the doctor. This is the first time he really understood it all, so all the weird things and people coming at him was overwhelming. In order to get him weighed, measure and temp taken...I had to have it done to me first. Eventually he became comfy and it went more smoothly after that!

So anyhow, this is my life. It will all calm down once little tadpole (funny story about her nickname, but I will blog about that later) has put on weight. I hope she does so before my mom leaves because I don't know what I am going to do once I am by myself...my mom might just have to stay longer. It is really beginning to stress me out.

No comments: