Friday, July 18, 2008

Okay, the Nickname Story

Some of you might know my fascination with making up the most random and weird names to call Campbell. A few that I have used are doo doo, beebo, poolah, pretty, prettiest pretty in the land, and the most recent ones are poodle, noodle, noodle head, or just plain Poodlenoodle. By the way, Wes despises all of these nicknames...ESPECIALLY Poodlenoodle. he thinks I am going to make my son overly feminine or something. He yelled at me anytime I used the nickname for Campbell. Anyhoodle (I said that for Beth's sake), when we were in the hospital with Emerson, I started calling her Poodlenoodle out of habit. It didn't help that her legs are so skinny they look like noodles.



Fast forward a couple of days...Campbell came home and heard me call Emerson poodlenoodle...WWIII...He said, "Her name's Emersent, I Poodlenoodle!" Wesley looked at me and said, "You know he is right, you really do need to quit calling her that. She needs her own nickname." So because her legs are so skinny and they are always pulled up like a frog, we started thinking of names that had to do with frogs. I kind of like rhyming, but we came up with Tadpole. Auntie Biff helped out with Taddy Paddy for short and today, out of the blue, I started calling her Tadpolean Bonaparte.

I know, I am totally weird, but I promised you the nickname story and here it is. I find it quite comical.

1 comment:

BethHubbard said...

I'm still rooting for "Tadpoleon Dynamite." Chippy!