Monday, June 30, 2008

Funny Story

OMG...the funniest thing happened Sunday night at dinner. Wes, Campbell and I went to a late dinner at Mattito's, which by the way is so good! Anyhow, our waiter came to deliver the check and asked if I would like anymore Dr. Pepper. I said, "No thanks."

Okay, side note... you know how at Mexican restaurants they have those guys, who speak very little if any English at all, come around and refill your chips and salsa? Well, one of them came to our table...now remember we have already received our check...and pointed at my empty glass. I handed it to him and said, "Thanks, I'm done." His response, in very broken English, was, "I'm done.?.?" I nodded my head and off he went.

The next thing I know, he comes back to the table with a refilled glass, sets it down at the table and says, "I'm done" very quickly and quietly and then scurries off. I sat there for a minute before I realized that when he came to grab my glass, he was asking what he could refill me with. Because of his lack of English and probably feeling too nervous to ask, he assumed "I'm done" was the name of a drink. All he new was that I had some sort of brown soda. I choked down a couple of drinks (I think he refilled me with Pepsi, which I extremely dislike) because he kept looking over nervously at me to see my reaction. I just wanted to give him a hug. It was very funny...I guess you had to be there!

1 comment:

pkhubbard said...

I am so glad you are now blogging--it is so fun to read what is going on in your life! I am a blog stalker (a term coined by Chris), so I will be reading and commenting frequently. When you retire, you begin to do strange things!