Monday, March 29, 2010

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm, Monday!

So I think I am going to try to do this as frequently as I can.  I LOVE to cook and find new recipes for all occasions.  Any recipes that I find have to be fairly easy and not have crazy ingredients/spices that you wouldn’t normally have.  I know I have like 2 readers, but if you like to cook or think you can’t cook (Beth)…give these a try!  They are tried and true by me personally and we all know how much I LOVE to eat.  So to start this new tradition, I think I will  go with….drum roll please….                   CHICKEN SALAD 

It is spring and the perfect time for refreshing foods.  Once I tried this recipe by emmaxwell, I was in heaven. 

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • Directions:

    In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasoned salt. Blend in dried cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts. Add chopped chicken, and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour.

    Serve with your favorite cracker and enjoy!!

    No comments: