Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's been a while!

Well, I have been so busy with two kids, preparing to go out of town, and then preparing to go back to work. It has been hectic around here.

Emerson is doing well. She is really fussy though. I think I would definitely want the perfect child second because then you don't know what you're missing. Campbell definitely spoiled us and we are trying to adjust to meet the needs of our high maintenance diva. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade her for the world, we love her just the same!

Campbell went back to school today. He has been having major anxiety about it for weeks. Now, y'all now I have a very independent and outgoing child, but I guess he became attached over the summer because he wanted NO part of going to school. So as expected, we had drama at Legacy (school name). I literally (picture it) had to pull and drag him by one arm into his classroom all the while he was crying and then I high tailed it out of there. If I stay and try to comfort him...it just makes it worse! I called about an hour later and he was still sulking , but the crying had stopped within minutes after I left. I hope he had a good day and starts to remember how much he loves going to school and playing with all of his friends.

I go back to work next Tuesday. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine. I can get pretty crazy when I am not on a routine and this summer has been pretty routine-free so you can only imagine! I love my job and my school and of course, being the social butterfly that I am, I love to visit and gossip with friends. I miss doing that on a daily basis. As always, taking Emerson will be tough, but she is in great hands and I know it is what's best for our family so that makes it a little easier. I stongly feel that the reason Campbell is so easy going, gets along with everyone, good natured, and extremely independent is because he has been a child of a working mom. It's definitely not for everyone, but it works perfect for our family!

Anyhow, we just got in from Aransas Pass/Ingleside yesterday. The visits seem to get shorter and more time seems to go by in between. Both mine and Wesley's family got to meet Emerson for the first time and Campbell got to show off his big brother skills. Emerson was a hit...everyone loved her despite the whining! Campbell had a great time with his cousins and his girlfriend Jocelyn (my best friend Jennifer's daughter. They are a month and half apart). As you can see in the picture, I was trying to pose them like a prom couple. It was so funny, but the funniest part was that they were cooperating.

Anyhow, all is well here. Just trying to clean and get organized before next week. UUUGGGHHH!!

2 comments:

BethHubbard said...

I can't wait for you to come back! I miss my after school chatting partner!

2 Cute Boys said...

Emerson is getting so big! And looks just like a miniature Crystal to me. We would love to come see you before you go back to work, let us know if you have time.
And LOVE the pic with the cousins, Gunner (sp?) is too handsome!