Monday, July 28, 2008

Sometimes, I am Just so Proud of Myself!

Okay, so I have been obsessing about birth announcements since before Emerson was born. There were a few that I found that I liked; however most were like $2.00 a pop...RIDICULOUS! Especially when you consider that I have to order like 60...I know...big family and lots of friends. I know I spent a good chunk on Campbell's, but I was a new mom then and had yet to pay my first week of daycare expenses. Anyhow, for those of you that know me well can only guess what I said next, "I can just make them myself!"

However, the thought of geting really cutesy with scrapbook paper and all the tools that go with and having to repeat the process 60 times...not so much fun at this stage of my life. So what I did was create my own on the computer (by the way, for those of you who use Microsoft Office, the 2007 version ROCKS! I currently have a free trial that will expire soon...I will be so sad...I love it!) Anyhow, when the creation was complete, I saved it as a jpeg and uploaded it to Walmart's photo center and had 60 5x7's made. The final total... a whopping $34.oo. I love it when I find a way to save money! So for any of your crafting slash photo card making needs...just give me a call!

P.S. I would love to attach a photo of the announcement, but you will have to wait to get it in the mail!

As for the Moncriefs, we are getting settled as a family of four. My mom left about a week ago and I have had to do things on my own while Wes is at work...tough stuff! Little Tadpole is finally eating, but is pooping it out just as quickly as it's going in. We go in for a weight check on Wednesday and I pray she is at least 7 pounds. As for Poodle Noodle, we finally got him a T.V. for his playroom so he thinks he is the coolest kid around. The TV has definitley come in handy these days. He is thoroughly enjoying being a big brother and finally adjusting. He is still rough when he is around her, but I doubt it will ease up anytime soon...he is after all a monster of a three year old!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am way impressed that you even had time to design something on the computer! Love the pics of the kids!