Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Little Bacon Bit is 8 Months Old!

Can you believe it? She is such a wonderful baby and a joy to be around! She is cutting her first top tooth. I can't wait to see what she will look like with top teeth! She is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth, but I doubt she will going anywhere anytime soon. She is completely lazy...However, us veteran moms know that with the second one, you want them to stay immobile for as long possible. I mean this girl doesn't really ever roll over. I have seen her roll over from front to back a couple of times, but never from back to front. Now before you go thinking...especially you new moms who are reading books galore, she is not delayed and perfectly normal, just happy and content where you put her (I asked her doc to make sure). Emerson loves her big brother more than anything. She thinks he is the COOLEST thing ever. She throws her head back, gives a gummy smile, and laughs hysterically at EVERYTHING he does. She loves to give open mouth kisses and she is OBSESSED with my school ID. I love to watch her focus in on an object and slowly grab for it. The best part of my day is going to pick her up from school. When her back is to me all I say when I walk in the nursery is, "Princess, Mommy's here!" and she starts to wiggle and flail out of control with a big huge smile....And then there is Campbell who whines when I pick him up because he is usually at centers or recess! AT least one kid is happy to see me.
We found out today, after waking up for a couple of days with goopy eyes, that Emerson has a double ear infection. Had no clue...Thankfully she has no fever, runny nose, cough, congestion, loss of appetite, lack of sleep, or fussiness! Campbell never had an ear infection so this is new territory for me. Good thing Emerson is such a trooper and hopefully the antibiotic will kick it and she will be 100% in time for Nana and Paw Paw's visit.

Three more days until Spring Break starts! Yea for me and my fellow teachers...WE REALLY NEED THIS!

How monstrous is my child? (He looks a little funny because it is about 6:15 in the morning)

3 comments:

timmonstimes said...

I had no clue when Corinne had an ear infection either. In fact, the first round of antibiotics didn't work and so they had to give her Augmintin...that did the trick. And I'm one of those new moms your referring to and nope, I'm not reading a single book or making assumptions about Emerson not rolling over! :)

timmonstimes said...

Veteran Mom? Pahlease...talk to Nadya Suleman. ;) Call me soon! Miss ya! Hugs to the little ones!

Lisa said...

SOOOOOOOOOOo adorable! I love the onesie and the leg warmers are too cute. You seriously need to start a business.