Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fine Dining and Car Seats and a Birthday...Oh My!

Well, yesterday (February 2) was Wesley's birthday. I surprised him with dinner at Chamberlain's and man, was it yummy! We splurged and had the appetizer sampler, ceasar salads, seafood, and filet mignon! We NEVER do anything like this for ourselves, so after pleading with my cousin, Tammy, we had a sitter and we were out the door and there was NO looking back. Just kidding Tammy! There was no pleading. She is ALWAYS happy to do it. I can't tell you how nice it was to have a quiet dinner with Wesley. You folks who have lots of family and sitters at your beck and call...be thankful. Nights like this for the Moncriefs are few and far between! See our pic (me...not so cute, but we defintely had to document the evening). On another note, both Campbell and Emerson moved into new car seats. Emerson's weight limit for her infant seat is 22 lbs. and let's just say...she has surpassed that. Campbell should probably be 4 years old before he sits in a booster, but he is well over the weight and height requirements and he looked ridiculous in his old car seat. It was time to make the switch. He is loving every minute of it, too. He can't wait for me to turn the car off so he can unbuckle himself! He is such a big boy. Again, the old worn out phrase..."Where does time go?"

I couldn't resist this last pic!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey I totally understand the few and far between thing. We never had sitters at our beck and call. I always told my sitters, "We really do like you, we just don't get out much!" I spent $50 the other night so that John and I could go to a meeting that lasted really long. Bummer!

The pics of the kids are so cute! Campbell looks so just right in his new booster. The car safety thing never seems to end. Cass and I are battling right now, because she always wants to ride in the front seat. I still say no if we are going on the freeway. I am a totally anal car safety mom!